Breast Density Issue Addressed
Numerous RSNA 2013 sessions take on the hot topic of breast density and its impact on the effectiveness of mammograms.
Breast density has made headlines as many U.S. states have passed or are considering laws that require written notification of women, after screening mammography, of their tissue density and the need discuss screening options with their primary care physicians. A federal breast density notification law is pending, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is also considering modifications to national mammography reporting guidelines to include breast density notification. See these RSNA 2013 sessions for a variety of perspectives on the breast density topic:
Special Interest Session
Breast Density: Risk Assessment, Communication, and Approaches to Supplemental Imaging
Integrated Science and Practice Session
Breast Imaging (Nuclear/Molecular Imaging)
Scientific Paper Sessions
Breast Imaging (Screening and Density)
Breast Imaging (Ultrasound Screening)
- SSQ01—Thursday, 10:30–Noon, Arie Crown TheaterPhysics (X-ray Imaging)
- SSG15—Tuesday, 10:30–Noon, S404AB
Scientific Posters and Education Exhibit
View Scientific Posters and the Education Exhibit throughout the week in the Lakeside Learning Center. Virtual Meeting registrants may view digital posters and the education exhibit from outside McCormick Place.
- LL-BRS-SU3A— Breast Density Bill: Is This a Good Idea?
- LL-BRS-TU6A—Breast Density and Its Correlation with Invasive Breast Cancer Prognostic Indicators
- LL-BRS-TU7A—Dedicated Dual-Head Molecular Breast Imaging (MBI) as an Adjunct to Mammography in Patients with Dense Breast Tissue and/or Elevated Risk for Breast Cancer
- LL-BRS-TU9A—Seeing Through the Fog: A Review of the Hot Topic of Breast Density
- LL-BRS-TU6B—Effect of Reduced Radiation Dose on Breast Density Estimation in Digital Mammography
- LL-CHS-MO4B—Breast Density: Comparison of Chest CT with Mammography
- LL-BRS-WE1B—The Yield of Pre-operative Breast MRI in Patients with Fat Density Breasts
- LL-BRS-WE7B—Cost-Effectiveness of Tomosynthesis in Screening Mammography: Analysis by Breast Density and Patient Age
- LL-BRE-TH7A—The Density Dilemma
- LL-BRS-TH5B—What Do Women Think? Knowledge and Opinions of Women Regarding Breast Density Legislation and Supplemental Whole Breast Ultrasound